August 14, 2010

Elements and Artifacts - Custom Order


I just received my first custom order from Elements and Artifacts - a variation on a necklace the artist had made just recently. I lusted after the original necklace deeply. Not only was the focal piece absolutely breath-taking, but the metal-work was exactly what I prefer in jewelry - elegant, feminine, yet steeped in naturalistic themes. I asked her if she could recreate something similar, and Alicia was more than accommodating, giving me a choice between three different focus stones and displaying far more patience than required when I waffled endlessly. The end result is even more beautiful than expected. The necklace arrived quickly once it was completed (which itself did not take long at all, and, like I said, depended far more on my hemming and hawing than anything else), and came in a lovely package.
Picture
Picture

I can't even explain the magic of labradorite. It's a stone that has these amazing layers, almost translucent, and flashes different colors depending on how the light hits it, and what is behind the stone itself.
Observe the riot of mutable, Piscean greens and blues, and foamy white and radiant gold, shot through with smoky veins. It is gorgeous - a wild, oceanic beauty framed by the earthier tones and graceful styling of the metal.
Picture
Picture
Picture

It is pure awesomeness.

No comments:

Post a Comment